AP French Course Outline
The following course of AP French Language and Culture course are aimed to enhance proficiency in French and helps you in culture contemporary and historical contexts evaluation.
This course aims to:
The Focus is on communication: Prove your Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational skills as well as abilities and various modes of communication.
- Interpersonal Communication, it involves conversations, expression of ideas, and exchange opinions in french both orally or in written form.
- Interpretive Communication, requires understanding and interpretion of written and spoken, on various topics.
- Presentational Communication, it involves presentation of information and ideas in front of audience whether spoken and written in French.
It aims to Encourage cultural awareness: Develop an understanding on various aspects of the cultures of the French-speaking world including:
- Products of culture like television and film, books, newspapers, music, laws, and institutions
- Practices of culture like customs, traditions, and patterns of interactions
- Perspectives of culture like values, attitudes, and beliefs
It involves study of various topics which are having interesting, meaningful and engaging contexts, they are quoted below-
- Global Challenges
- Science and Technology
- Contemporary Life
- Personal and Public Identities
- Families and Communities
- Beauty and Aesthetics
Interests shared between you and your teacher will be instructional (the arts, current events, literature, sports, and so forth). Along with textbooks, study material might also include websites, podcasts, films, newspapers, magazines, and literature, which further proves very beneficial for the study.
The following course helps you to develop the language whose scope is not confined only to the French course but also to the overall French study and it is helpful in everyday lives too.