AP German Course Outline
The AP German Language and Culture course is aimed to enhance proficiency in German and to enable you to explore culture in contemporary and historical contexts.
The following course:
Focuses on communication: Show and prove your Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational skills, abilities and modes of communication.
- Interpersonal Communication, it includes conversations, expression of ideas, and exchange of opinions in both i.e.spoken and written German.
- Interpretive Communication, it makes you understand and deliver written or spoken German on a wide variety of topics.
- Presentational Communication, you deliver information and various ideas using spoken and written German to the audience.
Encourages cultural awareness: You will develop an understanding and appreciation of various aspects of the cultures of the German-speaking world including:
- Products of culture contain television, films, books, newspapers, music, laws, and institutions.
- Practices of culture contain customs, traditions, and interaction patterns.
- Perspectives of culture contain values, attitudes, and beliefs.
Incorporates themes: Various topics with interesting, meaningful and engaging contexts will be included-
- Global Challenges
- Science and Technology
- Contemporary Life
- Personal and Public Identities
- Families and Communities
- Beauty and Aesthetics
Interests shared by you and your teacher will be reflected by the instructional content like the arts, current events, literature, sports etc. Along with textbooks, resouces may include websites, podcasts, films, newspapers, magazines, and literature.
The following course not only proves beneficial to develop your skills on language but it can also be used beyond the German course for further German study and in our daily life.