Advanced Placement Japanese: Exam Details
The exam is of approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes and it has two sections-multiple choice and free response. Each section i.e.listening, reading, writing, and speaking, comprises of 25% of the final exam grade.
Exam will be administered through the computer. You will have to follow the directions told by the proctor, in the exam. In different sections of the exam, you also have to read on the screen, listen through a headset, type through the keyboard, and speak into a microphone. Carefully read all the information on the screen.
Section I: Multiple Choice
70 questions; 1 hour and 30 minutes
Part A-Listening: 30 − 35 questions; 20 minutes
- Questions will be on different types of listening stimuli
Part B-Reading: 35 − 40 questions; 60 minutes
- Answer the questions on various types of reading texts.
- Total scores of the MCQ section will be based on correct answers. Points are neither deducted for incorrect answers nor points are awarded for unanswered questions.
Section II: Free Response
4 tasks; 45 minutes
- Give your response to a series of thematically linked questions as part of a simulated exchange of text-chat messages (10 minutes)
- Comparision and contrast of two given situations (20 minutes)
- Give your response to a series of thematically linked questions as part of a simulated conversation (3 minutes)
- Prepare a presentation on the aspect of Japanese culture (7 minutes)