BITSAT Online Test to be held from 14 to 28 May 2016 [ BITSAT Updates ]
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test popularly known as BITSAT 2016 is a University level entrance exam. This exam is to offer admission in diverse Engineering courses like Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Civil, Chemical, Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering and Biotechnology. BITSAT 2016 is a computer based online exam conducted by BITS Pilani University.
Important Dates BITSAT 2016:
Application form will be available from
January 8, 2016
Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates
March 6 - 7, 2016
Last Date to apply
March 5, 2016
Test center allotment & announcement to candidates
March 8, 2016
Test dates will reserve from
March 21 to April 10, 2016
The hall tickets will be available from
April 20 to April 30, 2016
BITSAT online tests
May 14-May 28, 2016
Candidates to apply for admission with 12th class marks & preferences to degree programmes
From May 20 to June 30, 2016
Admit list & wait list announcement
July 1, 2016
Eligibility Criteria BITSAT 2016:
- Students must have passed the 12th examination from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also, they must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Minimum aggregate 75 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects in 12th examination.
- Candidates must secure at least 60 % marks in each of these subjects individually.
- Only Students, who are appearing for 12th examination in 2016 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2015, are eligible to appear in the online test.
- Candidates having first rank in all the central and state boards in India for the year 2016 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice.
BITSAT 2016 Application Form
Steps for applying for BITSAT form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: To apply for BITSAT 2016 application form, candidate need to visit the official website of BITS - www.bitsadmission.com
- Step 2: Candidates need to register by filling mandatory details such as Name, Mobile Number, date of birth and Email ID.
- Step 3: Applicants need to login and fill in their educational qualification and other personal details as mentioned in the form and select their preference center.
- Step 4: After filling up the form applicants need pay their application fee online through Debit/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
Paper Pattern BITSAT 2016:
- BITSAT is Computer based online exam.
- The paper contain 150 objective type questions and 1 mark for each question
- Exam will be about 3 hours.
- For each correct answer applicant will get 3 marks and 1 mark will be reduced for each wrong answer.
- No mark will cut for unattempt questions.
No of Question
(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
Syllabus for BITSAT 2016:
BITSAT Syllabus for Physics:
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Units & Measurement
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Electronic Devices
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
BITSAT Syllabus for Chemistry:
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- States of Matter
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- p- d- and f-block elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry
BITSAT Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential calculus
- Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Integral calculus
- Mathematical Modelling
BITSAT Syllabus for English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning:
- Reading Comprehension
- Nonverbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
The detailed postal course for English Proficiency and Logical reasoning is available at Examrace - BITSAT Postal Course
- Published on: January 22, 2016