BITSAT examination 2015 dates released - Computer Based Exam from 14th May to 29th May 2015 [ BITSAT Updates ]
The BITSAT examination will be conducted from 14th May to 29th May 2015. The last day to apply for BITSAT is 20th February 2015. The test center allotment and announcement to candidates will be made by 25th February 2015. Candidates must reserve the test dates between 1st March and 21st March 2015. Candidates will be allowed to download the Hall tickets with instructions between 15th April to 30th April 2015.
Candidates to apply for admission with 12th class marks and Preferences to Degree programs will be given from 20th May to 30th June 2015. The admit List and Wait List announcement will be made on 1st July 2015.
Based on the scores, students will be granted admissions:
- At BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus: B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing; B.Pharm.(Hons.); M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies.
- At BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus: B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical. M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- At BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus: B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing. B.Pharm.(Hons.); M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics, Physics
Direct Admission to Board Toppers: To high meritorious students, direct admissions is given to those who obtain first rank in their respective board examinations, irrespective of their BITSAT-2015 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Admission of International students: Applications are also invited from International students who have taken SAT and SAT Subject Tests conducted by College Board for admission to different first degree programs at Hyderabad Campus for Academic Year 2015-16. However, candidates holding passport issued by country other than India only are eligible under “International students scheme”.
Examination will be based on Computer based online test. BITSAT-2015 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
- Part I : Physics
- Part II : Chemistry
- Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates)
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
Applying for BITSAT 2015: Interested candidates must register their names by applying in the prescribed application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com. Pay the prescribed fees Rs. 2090/-(Rs. 1590/- for female candidates), take the print out of the filled form for your future reference. Along with applying and appearing for BITSAT-2015, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th class marks and preferences to different degree programs offered. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May 2015. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted on or before 5.00 PM on 30th June 2015. The Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani - 333031, Rajasthan
- Published on: January 13, 2015