CBSE (UGC) NET Paper 1 Research and Teaching Aptitude: Research Steps
Steps Of Research
- Identification of research: The 1st step of the research process is to figure out the subject and nature of the problem.
- Proposal of Action: As soon as we find out the subject or the problem, we are supposed to set up an action plan to solve the problems or find a relevant solution for the same.
- Constructing hypothesis: Hypothesis i.e.. Assumptions is a tentative explaination for an observation, phenomenon or scientific problem that can be tested by investigation. It is a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain various facts or phenomena. Characteristics of hypothesis: (1) It must mention the relationship between variables (2). It must comprise of known facts (3). it can be tested (4). It must be dear in its concept (5). It must be objective and specific (vi). It must be amendable to testing with in the rational time. So our next step is to construct a hypothesis for research and after that he plans to elaborate it either based on laboratory experiment or field experiment.
- Collection of data: The researcher must assimilates the data either in experimental way or in a non-experimental way.
- Presentation of data: This step pertains to the representation of the gathered data into a scientific manner, so that he or anyone else will be able to analyse that clearly. The most fundamental way for presentation of data in scientific or social research is to make a table of the assimilated data in a particular manner, which will reflects the relation between variables.
- Analysis of data: The analysis can be performed in both the ways i.e.. Statistical and descriptive.
- Declaration of Result: When analysing of the data is completed, the researcher will announce the research result.