CBSE NET Paper 1 - 10th July 2016 - Solved Paper 1 - Detailed Solutions at Youtube Examrace Channel: Part-1 [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
CBSE NET Paper 1 10th July 2016 detailed solutions will be made available at Youtube Examrace Channel Shortly. Here are the questions with answers that were asked in the CBSE NET examination for 10th July 2016 Part 1. Most of the questions on GS and higher education were covered from the topics mentioned in the last video that we took for expected questions. Hope you benefited from the video. Also, our square of opposition, logic and syllogism video covered each and every question from the section on logic. The mathematical aptitude and series question were also covered in our videos. Teaching and research aptitude is covered extensively in our postal course available here.
Paper – I
- This paper contains Sixty (60) multiple choice questions, each question carrying two (2) marks.
Candidate is expected to answer any Fifty (50) questions.
In case more than Fifty (50) questions are attempted, only the first Fifty (50) questions will be evaluated.
The following table shows the percentage profit (%) earned by two companies A and B during the years 2011 - 15. Answer questions 1 - 3 based on the data contained in the table:
Profit earned by the companies
Percentage Profit (%)
Where, percent (%) Profit
1. In which year, the percentage profit earned by the company B is less than that of company A?
2. If the total expenditure of the two companies was Rs. 9 lakh in the year 2012 and the expenditure of A and B were in the ratio, then what was the income of the company A in that year?
(1) Rs. lakh
(2) Rs. lakh
(3) Rs. lakh
(4) Rs. lakh
3. What is the average percentage profit earned by the company B?
The table shows the number of people in different age groups who responded to a survey about their favourite style of music. Use this information to answer the questions that follow:
Number of people
(years) 15 - 20
(years) 21 - 30
Style of Music
4. What percentage of respondents aged 31 + indicated a favorite style other than classical music?
5. Approximately what percentage of the total sample were aged 21 - 30?
6. Approximately what percentage of the total sample indicates that Hip-Hop is their favourite style of music?
7. The process of copying files to a CD-ROM is known as________
8. An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipient at once is a________
9. The statement “ the study, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware” refers to
Information Technology (IT)
Information and collaborative Technology (ICT)
Information and data Technology (IDT)
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
10. If the binary equivalent of the decimal number 48 is 110000, then the binary equivalent of the decimal number 51 is given by
11. Identify the air pollutant in urban areas which irritates eyes and also respiratory tract of human beings.
Oxides of nitrogen
12. Which of the following is the largest source of water pollution in major rivers of india?
Unregulated small scale industries
13. Sustainable development goals have specific targets to be achieved by
14 Indian government’s target of producing power from biomass by the year 2022, is
15. Assertion (A): Conserving our soil resources is critical to human survival.
Reason (R): Soil is home to many micro-organisms and contains minerals.
Choose the correct code:
Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(A) is true and (R) is false
(A) is false and (R) is true
16. World Meteorological Organization’s (WMO) objective has been to reduce the number of deaths due to hydro meteorological disasters over the decade 2010 - 2019 by (with reference to the decade 1994 - 2003)
17. ________is a type of memory circuitry that holds the computer’s start-up routine.
RIM (Read Initial Memory)
RAM (Random Access Memory)
ROM (Read Only Memory)
18. An ASCII is a character-encoding scheme that is employed by personal computers in order to represent various characters, numbers and control keys that the computer used selects on the keyboard. ASCII is an acronym for
American Standard Code for Information Interchange
American Standard Code for Intelligent Information
American Standard Code for Information Integrity
American Standard Code for Isolated Information
19. The National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) has been declared unconstitutional by
The Supreme Court of India
The High Court
The High Court and the Supreme Court both
The President of India
20. Which of the following statements about the Indian political system is/are correct?
(a) The president is both Head of the State and Head of the Government.
(b) Parliament is Supreme.
(c) The Supreme Court is the guardian of the Constitution.
(d) The Directive Principles of State Policy are justifiable.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a), (b), (c) and (d)
(b), (c) and (d)
(b) and (c)
- Published on: July 10, 2016
Discussions & Questions
- How can I solve these type of questions.nLike binary equivalent of decimal number 51?
- asked by fi...@ onThe video lectures explains the solutions to these questions, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW9kB_HKs3_NCXcqf9tBCUh5uYD1aBg6W , however for stepwise solutions you must refer - https://www.doorsteptutor.com/Exams/UGC/
- answered by Examrace on
- An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipient at once is a________
- asked by ch...@ on
- Please tell me is it online practice or arrange material call me
- asked by ji...@ on