CBSE UGC NET JRF Geography December 2014 Paper 2 Solutions Part 1 of 3 Answer Key [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
Know your score!! The most comprehensive explanations for CBSE UGC NET JRF 2014 Geography Paper 2 December 2014 Answer Key. Click here for the free video solutions and detailed explanations for CBSE NET Geography Paper 2 December 2014 - Part 1 of 3.
1. The term ‘active layer’ is associated with
(A) Fluvial deposition (B) Periglacial processes
(C) Plate tectonic (D) Processes of soil formation
2. Match List 1 with List II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
List 1 (Concept/Theory)
a. Base level
b. Parallel retreat
c. Cycle of erosion
d. Stream competency and capacity
List II (Put forwarded by)
i. G.K. Gilbert
ii. W. Penck
iii. J.W. Powell
iv. W.M. Davis
a b c d
(A) iii ii iv i
(B) ii iii iv i
(C) iii ii i iv
(D) ii iv i iii
3. Hydration process belongs to
(A) Physical and Biological processes (B) Physical and Chemical processes
(C) Biological and Chemical processes (D) Chemical processes
4. The basaltic ocean crust has an average density of
(A) 2.65 g/cm3 (B) 2.75 g/cm3
(C) 2.90 g/cm3 (D) 3.0 g/cm3
5. What is the major wind related phenomenon responsible for summer drought in Mediterranean type of region?
(A) Shifting of trade winds polewards in summers.
(B) Shifting of trade winds equatorwards in summers.
(C) Blowing of Westerlies from the continents in summers.
(D) Blowing South-Westerly.
6. Which one of the following is not a factor to affect the atmospheric pressure?
(A) Altitude (B) Presence of water vapour
(C) Temperature (D) Rainfall
7. Find out the correct sequence of planetary winds found from the equator to pole.
(A) Westerlies, Trade, Polar wind (B) Trade, Westerlies, Polar wind
(C) Trade, Polar wind, Westerlies (D) Polar wind, Westerlies, Trade
8. The rain-fed and rain-shadow areas are the characteristics of the
(A) Cyclonic rainfall (B) Convectional rainfall
(C) Orographic rainfall (D) Thermal rainfall
9. In the List 1 given the names of local wind and List II given the names of the area. Match correctly List I and List II, select the correct answer from the codes given below:
List I (Local Wind)
List II (Area)
i. The Rockies
ii. The Alps
iii. Rajasthan Desert
a b c d
(A) i ii iii iv
(B) iii iv i ii
(C) ii iv iii i
(D) iv iii ii i
10. Find combination of two given areas where rainfall is characterized by Tropical monsoon rain.
(i) The Sahyadri
(ii) The Ganga Delta
(iii) Kashmir Valley
(iv) Ladakh Region
(A) (i) and (iii) (B) (ii) and (iv)
(C) (i) and (ii) (D) (iii) and (iv)
11. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other labelled as Reason (R). Select your answer from the codes given below:
Assertion (A): Deforestation result in the increase of concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Reason (R): Forests utilize carbon dioxide during the process of photosynthesis for manufacturing of food.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
12. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
ii. Littoral zone
iii. Aeolian area
iv. Orogenic belt
a b c d
(A) iii iv i ii
(B) iii iv ii i
(C) ii iv iii i
(D) iii ii i iv
13. The ‘wave-cut platform’ is found in
(A) California coast (B) Hokkaido coast
(C) Madagascar coast (D) Malabar coast
14. The average depth of ‘equatorial-counter’ current is
(A) 50m (B) 100m
(C) 150m (D) 200m
15. The Gulf Stream and the Kuroshio Current move forcefully northward as a result of
(A) Western intensification (B) Eastern intensification
(C) Northern intensification (D) Southern intensification
16. “The Principles of Human Geography” was authored by
(A) E. Huntington (B) H.H. Borrow
(C) F. Ratzel (D) E.C. Semple
17. The term ‘Cosmography’ was coined by
(A) Mackinder Halford J. (B) Humboldt
(C) Kant Emmanuel (D) Ptolemy
As discussed in the video tutorials, most of the questions could be solved by using techniques from Examrace CBSE NET Geography Series 5 Volumes . In the video topicwise analysis for each section is given along with the comparative analysis of Dec 2014, June 2014 and Dec 2013 exam for paper 1 - Check this free video June 2015 NET Exam Paper 1 Guidance .
- Published on: January 7, 2015