CBSE UGC NET JRF Geography December 2014 Paper 2 Solutions Part 1 of 3 Answer Key [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
Here is the final section of the Geography NET CBSE December 2014 Paper 2 the last set of 15 questions. The detailed explanations are provided at Youtube Examrace Channel - Subscribe for latest Updates.
36. India has been divided into 13 Macro Planning regions. Which of the following authors have delineated planning regions of India?
(A) P. Sen Gupta and Sadasyuk Gailina
(B) R.P. Mishra, K.V. Sundaram and V.L.S. Prakasa Rao
(C) L.S. Bhatt
(D) O.H.K. Spate & Learmonth
37. Which of the following geographers defined region as: “A geographic area united culturally, unified at first economically and later by consensus of thought, education, recreation etc. which distinguishes it from other areas.”
(A) Vidai de la Blache (B) A.J. Herbertson
(C) R.E. Dickinson (D) K. Young
38. ‘The Erdkunde’ was published in the year 1817. Which one of the following authored the book?
(A) O. Peschel (B) Carl Ritter
(C) W.M. Davis (D) G. Taylor
39. Regional Imbalances of Economic development largely affected by which of the following factors?
(A) Regional disparity in resources (B) Lesser resource utilization
(C) Lack of education (D) Lesser demand of the people
40. Match the following List I with List II and select the correct answer from the codes given:
c. Nations and Nationalities
List – II (Geographer)
i. Alexander von Humboldt
a b c d
(A) ii iii i iv
(B) ii iii iv
(C) iv i ii iii
(D) iii ii iv i
41. The Pir Panjal range lies in
(A) Outer Himalayas (B) Trans Himalayas
(C) Greater Himalayas (D) Middle Himalayas
42. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List-I (Major Rivers)
List II (Tributaries)
a b c d
(A) i iii iv ii
(B) iii iv ii i
(C) iii iv i ii
(D) i iii iv
43. Which one of the following statements indicates the chief characteristics of the Polycentric city?
(A) Circumferential urban beltway
(B) Replacing sub-urban to urban
(C) All roads lead to downtown
(D) Many downtowns
44. Which one of the following number of states is correct for Empowered Action-Group States of India?
(A) 5 (B) 12
(C) 8 (D) 16
45. Find the sequence of higher to lower rainfall from the following areas of India:
i. Ganga Delta ii. Sahyadri
iii. Eastern U.P. iv. Northern Gujarat
(A) j, ii, iii, iv (B) ii, j, iii. iv
(C) iii, IV, II, (D) iv. iii. ii, i
46. Which one of the following statistical techniques involves a large number of variables to be summarized into smaller dimensions?
(A) Chi-square (B) Correlation
(C) Factor analysis (D) Regression
47. Which one of the following averages is not a measure of central tendency?
(A) Harmonic mean (B) Geographic mean center
(C) Geometric mean (D) Arithmetic mean
48. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List I (Satellites)
List II (Countries)
a b c d
(A) i iv iii ii
(B) i iii iv ii
(C) ii i iii iv
(D) iv iii i ii
49. Which one of the following diagrams is most suitable for depicting the distribution of urban land-use types of spatially spread urban centers?
(A) Histogram (B) Sphere
(C) Bar (D) Pie
50. A map with the scale of 1/50000 is enlarged to 5-times, which one of the following scales is correct for the enlarged map?
(A) 1/250000 (B) 1/100000
(C) 1/10000 (D) 1/2500
Subscribe for MCQ solutions in Geography at Doorsteptutor.com.
Get the complete study material for CBSE NET Examination Geography at Examrace CBSE NET Geography Flexiprep Program - Call 9998008851.
- Published on: January 8, 2015