Kalam Fellowship for Women Pursuing Science PhD [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
UGC has decided to introduce Kalam Fellowship for Women Pursuing Science PhD for single girl child aiming to pursue research. Anil D Sahasrabudhe, head of UGC empowered committee on Basic Scientific Research and also the chairman of All India Council for Technical Education took this decision.
- Kalam fellowship is considered at par with the Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Fellowship for Research in Social Sciences.
Eligibility for Kalam Fellowship:
- Stipend Amount: Scholarship of Rs. 12, 400 per month during the first two years and Rs. 15, 500 per month during the third and fourth year.
- Applicable only to a single girl child enrolled in regular full time PhD program in any recognized university or institute, in her family.
- Maximum Age limit: 40 years for general and 45 year for reserved category like SC, ST, OBC and physically handicapped.
- Total Scholarships: Per academic year, the fellowship will be maximum for 300 students.
- Published on: October 23, 2015