National University of Educational Planning and Administration [ CBSE NET-JRF Updates ]
National University for Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) is Education Planner authority which is mainly work on educational development and dealing with ability construction and research in planning and management of education in India as well as South Asia.
- NUEPA was founded in 1962 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India as UNESCO Asian Centre for Educational Planners, Administrators and Supervisors than in 1965 it was converted as the Asian Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, later in 1973 changed into the National Staff College for Educational Planners and Administrators than in 1979 rechristened as National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) and in 2006 it was converted as NUEPA.
- It is located in Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi.
- NUEPA is headed by Minister of Human Resource Development of India which is currently Smt. Smriti Jubani Irani.
The main work area of NUEPA:
To develop educational planning, policy construction and management for capacity building provide training and consultancy
Development in different factors of education
Provide an insight into educational planning practices in India.
Departments in NUEPA:
National University for Educational Planning and Administration has total eight different academic departments and two centres and they are:
1. Department of Educational Planning
This department function on the integration of inputs, processes and products of planning at all levels.
Main focus areas are: promoting regionalization, school mapping, micro planning and school improvement planning for improving quality of investment in education
2. Department of Educational Finance
This department work on conduction and promotion in research on economic and financial aspects of education at all levels.
Main Focus areas are: research, teaching and training, around issues relating to public and private financing of education.
3. Department of School and Non-Formal Education
This main functional area of this department is to pay attention to the critical issues of school education, on formal and adult literacy.
Main Focus areas are: conducting research and developmental programmes provide support to the state and central government in formulating and implementing plans and policies.
4. Department of Educational Management Information System
This department works on strengthen of database and management system on education in India, the Department undertakes research, capacity building activities and provides technical advice for that they have developed an information system, called DISE, to collect and compile detailed information on all schools in the country.
The Department arranges conferences, seminars, workshops and research regarding to educational management information system.
5. Department of Educational Administration
The main function of this department to pay attention on training and research on educational management and also planning and management of resources in education.
6. Department of Educational Policy
This department works on training, research and dissemination and also conducts short term courses.
7. Department of Higher and Professional Education
This department delivered research support and policy advice to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
8. Department of Training and Capacity Building in Education
The department aims to develop the scope and coverage of training programmes and capacity-building initiatives of NUEPA and to create more stable and dedicated institutional arrangement for skilled teams to help improve the design, implement, monitor and evaluate educational policies, plans and programmes.
- Policy Research in Higher Education
- National Centre for School Leadership
- Published on: June 3, 2016
↩ PreviousThemes of NPE 2016