Physical Standards for Air Force, CDS 2016
Standards for Air-Force
Also the following medical standards quoted below will be applicable in respect of Air force candidates only:
X-ray of Cervical and Lumbosacral spine will be carried out. The conditions stated below detected in the X-ray will be disqualifying:
- Granulomatius disease of spine.
- Scoliosis more than 15 degree as measured by Cobb's Method (10 degree for Army).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus pulposes.
- Compression fracture of Vertebra.
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl's node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital, and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spinabifida other than SV 1 and LV 5
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist.
Anthropometric (Body) Measurements for Air Force Pilot
Leg length: 99.00cm-120.00cm
Thigh length: Max 64.00cm
Sitting height: 81.50cm-96.00cm
Carrying angle of elbow should not be greater than 100 (ten degree).
Uncorrected without glass: 6/6, 6/9
Corrected with glass: 6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)
Limits of Myopia: Nil
Limits of Hypermetropia: + 2.00 D Sph
Colour Vision: CPI (MLT)
Astigmatism: + 0.75 Cyl
Near Vision: N − 5 each eye
Binocular Vision Must has a good binocular vision (fusion and Stereopsis with good amplitude and depth).
Ocular Muscle Balance Heterophoria with the Maddox Rod Test must not be more than:
At 6 meters
- Exophoria 6 prism dioptres.
- Esophoria 6 prism dioptres.
- Hyper/Hypophoria 1 prism dioptre.
At 33 cms
- Exophoria 16 prism dioptres.
- Esophoria 6 prism dioptres
- Hyper/Hypophora 1 prism dioptres.
The Medical standards for candidates in case of Naval Aviation Branch will be the similar with flying duties of Air Force.