Common Law Admission Test
Organising University: National Law University, Jodhpur
The common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination organised by 14 National Law Schools or Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes (LLB & LLM). The 14 crucial participating NLUs as per the order of establishment are mentioned below:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU).
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR).
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU).
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS).
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ).
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU).
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU).
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL).
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS).
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO).
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL).
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA).
The very first CLAT Committee comprising of Vice-Chancellors of the participating institutes made a decision that the test should be organised by rotation in the order of their establishment. Thereafter in the same manner CLAT-2008 (NLSIU, Bangalore), CLAT-2009 (NALSAR, Hyderabad), CLAT-2010 (NLIU, Bhopal) and CLAT 2011 (WBNUJS, Kolkata) were being organised. The CLAT-2012 is organised by National Law University, Jodhpur (NLU, Jodhpur).