16 pacts are inked by India, Russia to expand cooperation in various sectors [ Current Affairs ]
To expand cooperation in various sectors Russia has inked 16 cooperation agreements to give a major push to their strategic ties. During Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two days official visit to Russia these agreements were signed.
- This agreement includes nuclear energy, hydrocarbons, and solar energy, railways and visas sectors.
Some of the signed agreements are
- On the lines of Make in India campaign Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Helicopter Engineering is includes joint manufacture of Kamov 226 helicopters.
- Construction of 12 atomic plants with involvement of local companies in India under the ‘Make-in-India’ programme will be facilitate under Programme of Action Agreed Between for Localization of Manufacturing in India for Russian-Designed Nuclear Reactor Units.
- Peaceful uses of nuclear energy are a keystone of the Russia-India strategic partnership in terms of co-operation.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on technical cooperation in railway sector
- Solar Energy Corporation of India and Russian Energy Agency regarding has signed MoU for construction of solar energy plants in India.
- Rosneft Oil Company of Russia and Oil India Limited and Indian Oil Corporation Limited has signed similar agreement.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined the need for the world to unite against terrorism without distinction and discrimination between terrorist groups in their extensive talks.
- For permanent membership bid of India of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Russia has conveyed its strong support.
- Published on: December 29, 2015