2015 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton tournament has won by PV Sindhu [ Current Affairs ]
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu has won the $120, 000 in 2015 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton tournament in the women’s single category. By beating Minatsu Mitani (World No. 6) of Japan Sindhu (World No. 12) has claimed this title though 21 - 9, 21 - 23, 21 - 14 score for the third successive time after 2013 and 2014.
- With this PV Sindhu’s has earned her fifth title of in her career and first title of the 2015 season.
About PV Sindhu
- She was born on 5th July 1995.
- She has get her training from Hyderabad’s Gopichand Badminton Academy and also supported by Olympic Gold Quest, not - for - profit foundation which the identifiers and supporters of Indian athletes.
- Sindhu has become the first Indian women who win the medal in world Championships 2013 0n 10th August.
- She was awarded by Padma Shri the India’s fourth highest civilian honor on 30 March 2015.
- Her father Ramanna represented India in Volleyball and also awarded by Arjuna Awardee.
Her other four individual titles are:
- Indonesia International (2011)
- Malaysia Masters (2013)
- In Macau Open for successively two times in 2013 and 2014.
About Macau Open Badminton Championships:
- Since 2006, the Macau Open Badminton Championships is an open international championship in badminton held in Macau.
- The tournament was categorized by the Badminton World Federation as Grand Prix Gold level event in 2007, with total prize money of US $120, 000.
- Published on: December 1, 2015