2015 Mailer Prize for Lifetime Achievement has been awarded to Salman Rushdie [ Current Affairs ]
The prestigious 2015 Mailer Prize for Lifetime Achievement has been awarded to India-born author Salman Rushdie. He has been awarded 2015 Mailer Prize for Lifetime Achievement award to give owner to fully exercising his freedom of creativity and thrived on dialogue and debate.
- Laurie Anderson has given this owner to him at a ceremony held at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York City.
About Salman Rushdie
- On 19 June 1947 he was born in Bombay (currently Mumbai).
- 12 novels are authored by him including the Booker Prize winner novel Midnight’s Children and The Satanic Verses.
- The latest novel authored by his is Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights which is published in September 2015.
- He is associated with the British Royal Society of Literature, Britain’s senior literary organization.
Awards and Honours:
- Whitbread Prize for Best Novel (two times)
- Writers’ Guild Award
- European Union’s Aristeion Prize for Literature
- London International Writers’ Award
- US National Arts Award.
- At six European and six American universities he holds symbolic doctorates and companionships
- At MIT, he is serving as Honorary Professor in the Humanities
- At Emory University, he has served as Distinguished Professor
About Mailer Prize
- The Norman Mailer Center has introduced Mailer Prize as an American literary award in 2009.
- This prize named after honorable American writer Norman Mailer in order to give tribute to him, the most significant writers of the second half of the 20th century.
- And this award is given to them whose work over the years has challenged readers’ viewpoints on the world around them.
- Published on: December 14, 2015