2015 Nobel Prize in Literature conferred to Svetlana Alexievich [ Current Affairs ]
About Svetlana Alexievich: She was born on 31st May 1948. She hails from Ukraine. She has done her graduation in Journalism from the Belarusian State University. She has worked for several local newspapers as a reporter. In 1976 she became the columnist for the magazine Neman in Minsk.
- In 1985 she has published her first book named as War’s Unwomanly Face which was about the epilogs of Soviet Woman in war speaking.
- Her books defined the chronicles of tragedies of World War II, Soviet Union and its fall, Soviet war in Afghanistan and Chernobyl nuclear tragedy in 1986.
- She is best known for her collections like 2005s Voices of Chernobyl, 1992s Zinky Boys: Soviet Voices from the Afghanistan War.
About her achievements:
- She won the Swedish PEN Prize for her guts and self - esteem as a writer in 2007.
- In 2013 she won Peace Prize of the German Trade Book.
About the award conferred to her:
- She has been selected for the prominent 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature award by the Swedish Academy.
- She was selected because of her courage and a tribute to grief in her polyphonic writings.
- The award made her the 14th Women Literature pro and also the first writer to take this award from Belarus.
- Published on: October 9, 2015