2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize conferred to Dr.Jacob Tsimerman [ Current Affairs ]
About Dr. Jacob Tsimerman: He is a known mathematician. Currently he is the assistant professor at the University of Tornoto in Canada. His mathematics works are the prominent in the field of Number theory and similar topics.
About the SASTRA Ramanujan Prize:
- It is the annual award given to the young mathematicians for their excellence contributions to mathematics.
- This award was found by Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA) University in Kumbakonam.
- This award is given in the memorial of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The age limit for this award is 32.
- This award is given every year at Kumbakonam, which is the hometown of Ramanujan.
- Srinivasa Ramanujan is pioneer of number theory without any training in pure mathematics.
- 22nd December is noted as the world’s mathematics day remarking the birth anniversary of Ramanujan.
About award conferred to Dr. Jacob:
- This award is conferred to Dr. Jacob during the International conference on Number theory.
- This event is to be held at SASTRA University in Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu.
- Published on: September 28, 2015