2015 World Cup Chess Championship conferred to Sergey Karjakin [ Current Affairs ]
About Sergey Karjakin: He was born on 12th January 1990. He hails from Ukraine and later moved to Russia. He is also called as Sergey Alexandrovich Karjakin. He is a Ukrainian - born Russian Chess grandmaster. He is a mastermind in chess from the age of 12 years 7 months and holds the record as World’s youngest grandmaster.
About his achievements:
- In 2009 he won Corus Chess Tournament.
- In 2010 he won ACP World Rapid Cup.
- He won World Rapid Chess Championship in 2012.
- He won Norway Chess Tournament in the years 2013 and 2014.
About Sergey Karjakin winning 2015 World Cup Chess Championship:
- This event was held at Baku in Azerbaijan.
- Sergey won 2015 World Cup Chess Championship in the final match by defeating Peter Svidler by the score 6 - 4.
- The title of this championship was decided after both the competitors had won 2 games each to break the tie.
- Published on: October 7, 2015