2015 general election has been won by ruling conservative People’s Party of Spain [ Current Affairs ]
The 2015 general election of the country has been won by the ruling conservative People’s Party (PP) of Spain led Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy. PP has been won by PP with acquiring 123 in the lower house of the 350-member Parliament and securing 28.7 percent vote share.
- On the other hand it has dropped short of total majority which can be succeeded by any party that wins minimum 176 seats.
- So at this time the union government has been formed by People’s Party with support of other political parties to govern for another four-year term.
Results of other parties
- 90 seats with 22 percent vote share has been won by The Socialists.
- 69 seats with 20.6 percent vote share has been secure by Anti-austerity Podemos Party.
- 40 seats with 13.8 percent vote share has been confirmed by the Liberal Ciudadanos party (LCP).
- Previously 186 seats were secured by outgoing parliament People’s Party in the lower house of the Parliament.
- Published on: December 22, 2015