25th November celebrated as International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women [ Current Affairs ]
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (IDEVAW) was celebrated every year on 25th November across the world. About IDEVAW: This day is celebrated with the aim to spared awareness about violence against women and girls.
- To show that prevention is possible against violence of women and end the violence against the women.
Key facts :
- On occasion of this day, to end violence against women and girls hundreds of tributes across the world were lit in orange to galvanize support for global action.
- The orange color indicates the bright and positive future from violence against women and girls and will help to join the large - scale social organization.
- In 16 days - long activism UNiTE campaign of IDEVAW will discover prevention subject this year. This would be against gender - based violence till 10th December 2015 the International Human Rights Day.
- IDEVAW was celebrated in the memory of the Mirabal sisters who were three political activists from the Dominican Republic. In 1960 they were heartlessly killed during the Rafael Trujillo dictatorship (1930 - 1961).
- November 25 marked as a day to combat and raise awareness of violence against women more generally in 1981.
- On 17 December 1999 UN (United Nations) gives official resolution to this day.
- Latter UN and Inter - Parliamentary Union have encouraged Government, International Organizations and NGOs to organize activities to support this day.
- Published on: November 26, 2015