27 September celebrated as World Tourism Day [ Current Affairs ]
About World Tourism day: World Tourism Day was celebrated on 27 September since 1980 by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). This date was chosen because on 27th September 1970 the laws of the UNWTO were approved.
- The approval of these laws gives an innovation in global tourism.
- The aim of celebration of this day is to increase awareness about tourism within the worldwide community and to determine how it affects social, cultural, political and economic ideals in all over the world.
About celebration of 2015 World Tourism day:
- Theme for 2015 World Tourism day is “One Billion Tourists, One Billion Opportunities”.
- This year’s theme highlights the effect of the tourism sector on economic growth, job formation and development.
- Union Ministry of State for Tourism and Culture established a Medical Tourism and Wellness Board on this day.
- Union Government also had declared free entry for tourists to near about 200 ticketed memorials and museums across India but not in on the day of celebrations of 2015 WTD.
- Published on: September 29, 2015