28 February celebrated as National Science Day [ Current Affairs ]
February 28 is observed as the “National Science Day” and also called “Rashtriya Vigyan Diwas” which celebrated in every year. Theme for the National Science Day 2015 is “Science for Nation Building” and it has been chosen for the purpose of raising public appreciation on scientific issues for the development of nation.
- National Science day is celebrated in memory of Indian physicist Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (CV Raman) who had discovered the Raman Effect on 28 February in 1928.
- CV Raman was awarded with the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1930.
- The first National Science Day was celebrated on 28 February 2000.
- Theme for the National Science Day 2014 is “Fostering Scientific Temper and Energy conservation”.
- Published on: March 2, 2015