4 states approved Green Indian Mission plans [ Current Affairs ]
Union Environment Ministry has permitted yearly plans of National Mission for Green India (GIM). Four states includes: Kerala, Mizoram, Manipur and Jharkhand. National Executive Council (NEC) has permitted the Perspective Plans (PP) and Annual Plan of Operations (APOs) of GIM given by 4 states.
- The approval has been settled for substitute energy devices such as biogas, LPG, solar devices, biomass - based systems and improved stoves.
- These devices in turn will help to lessen pressure on forests.
- It will also offer carbon emission benefits, with health and other associated benefits.
- It will cover about 27, 032 households from these 4 states.
- All four states have total financial outlay of 90, 202.68 lakh rupees for a plan period of five to ten years.
About National Mission for Green India (GIM):
- It is one of the 8key Missions under National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
- It aims at protecting improving and reinstating India’s decreasing forest cover.
- The mission recognizes the effect forests on environmental improvement through climate change mitigation, water security, food security etc.
- Published on: October 14, 2015