ANZ Bank to open 2 India branches by early 2016 [ Current Affairs ]
ANZ Bank will open two more branches in India by early 2016 and it would be opened at Gurgaon and Bangalore city. Subhash DeGamia who is executive Director of ANZ (International banking) and the bank opened its first branch in India at Mumbai four years ago.
- Australia New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) said it received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India to open new branches in Gurgaon and in outer Bengalore in June 2014.
- ANZ’s Bangalore-based operations and technology shared services hub employs more than 6,000 staff supporting ANZ’s businesses around the world.
- Its Mumbai branch offers Indian Rupee and foreign currency services, working capital and term financing, transaction banking, global markets, deposits and advisory services.
- ANZ (Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited) was founded on 2 March 1835. It is industrial Banking and provides financial services. Head quarter of ANZ situated at Collins Street Docklands, Melbourne in Australia.
- Michael Smith is CEO of ANZ and David Gonski is Chairman.
- Published on: June 1, 2015