Abhinav Bindra bags Gold in Asian Air Gun Championships [ Current Affairs ]
About Abhinav Bindra: He was born on September 28, 1982. He hails from Dehradun in Uttarakhand. He is an Indian Shooter. He is a World and Olympic champion for 10 m Air rifle. His current coach is Gabriele Buhlmann from Basel, Switzerland.
- He was the youngest participant in 2000 Olympics from India.
About his achievements:
- In 2000 he has won Arjuna award.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna was conferred to him in 2001 and also won 6 gold medals.
- In 2002 Common wealth games he won gold.
- In 2009 he was honored Padma Bhushan.
- In 2011 he was given the Honorary Lieutenant Colonel by The Indian Territorial Army.
- In 2006 he won gold in ISSF World Shooting Championships.
- In 2008 Olympics held in Beijing he became first Indian to win individual gold in the game.
- He won Gold in 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow.
About Abhinav Bindra winning the event:
- This event was held in New Delhi.
- Bindra won gold in the men’s 10m air rifle by 208.3 points in Asian Air Gun Championship.
- Kazakhstan’s Yurkov Yuriy with 206.6 points was placed 2nd.
- Yu Jaechul of South Korea with 185.3 points was placed 3rd.
- India’s Gagan Narang was placed at fourth position with a score of 164.5 points.
- Indian’s Chain Singh placed at seventh position of after scoring 122.7 points.
- Published on: September 28, 2015