Actress Maureen O’Hara passes away [ Current Affairs ]
Irish - American actress and singer Maureen O’Hara passed away in Boise, US. She was basically known for playing fiercely passionate but sensible heroines roles. She was one of the last breathing stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood of the 1940s and 1950s.
- She died at the age of 95.
About Maureen O’Hara:
- She was born in 1920 in Dublin in then United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- She started her career in 1939.
- She was well known as the queen of Technicolor in the film industry due to her red hair and green eyes.
- She successfully ran an airline business with her aviator husband Charles Blair.
- She was never chosen for a competitive Academy Award, but in 2014 she was presented with an Honorary Academy.
- She is only the second actress to receive an Academy Award for acting without having been nominated.
- Published on: October 26, 2015