Ajay Kumar Pandey appointed as MD and group CEO of GIFT City [ Current Affairs ]
Ajay Kumar Pandey was appointed as new Managing Director and Group CEO of Gandhinagar based Global financial services hub Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City). Ajay Kumar Pandey will replace Ramakant Jha who was appointed as CEO of Mumbai based IL&FS’s Smart City initiative. Since November 2009, Jha was associated with GIFT City project.
- Ajay Kumar Pandey has more than three decades of global and domestic experience in the field of telecommunications. Pandey had worked in various senior management positions in Tata Telecommunications, Tata Teleservices and Neotel.
- GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) City is a central business district in Gandhinagar, Gujarat built on 886 acres which implemented by Joint Venture Company of Gujarat Urban Development Company Limited (GUDCOL) and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
- This city under the special economic zone (SEZ), international education zone, integrated townships, international techno park, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) units, stock exchanges etc.
- India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) has become operational in April 2015 in GIFT City. The IFSC developed in the lines of those in Dubai and Singapore will have country’s top bourses BSE and NSE setting up international exchanges there.
- Published on: July 21, 2015