All India Council of Sports establishes as an advisory body by Union Government [ Current Affairs ]
Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announced the formation of All India Council of Sports. About Union Government: Union Government and also known as the Central Government . It was established by the Constitution of India. It is the central authority of the union of 29 states and seven union regions which together called the Republic of India.
Aim of Union Government to establish all India council as an advisory body:
- For promotion of sports and careful on matters relating to the development, Union Government has constituted All India Council of Sports (AICS), as an advisory body.
- Government will duly consider the advice rendered by this Council.
About All India Council of Sports (AICS):
- Structure: It will be headed by a president in the rank of Minister of State (MoS). It will include 4 Members of Parliament (MPs), coaches, experts, sports personalities, administrators and Director General (DG) of Sports Authority of India (SAI).
- Activities: Union Government will appoint President and members.
- Conference: It will meet from time to time means at least once in a quarter of year to careful on matters related sports and games in the country.
- Roles: To make popular sports among the youth and increase its outreach to rural and tribal areas along with North East and Jammu & Kashmir, areas affected by Left Wing Extremism.
- Encourage generality in sports with special focus on women, tribal and differently-abled.
- Prevent fraud of age and sexual harassment of women in sports along with drug abuse.
- Bring transparency, professionalism and good governance in functioning of National Sports Federations (NFS).
- Promote sports sciences and sports medicine and augment the sports infrastructure and ensure its proper utilization.
- Published on: July 29, 2015