Amazon enters in Thomson Reuters 2015 top 100 innovators list [ Current Affairs ]
Online marketplace Amazon. com Inc (AMZN. O) made its debut in the 2015 Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators list. There are 27 companies that are dropped from the list this year.
About Thomson Reuters:
- The Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators program identifies innovators annually through an in - depth analysis based on a series of patent - related metrics.
- It analyzes what it means to be truly advanced, pioneering and innovative.
- There are 27 companies that are plunged from the list this year, including AT&T (T. N), IBM (IBM. N), Siemens (SIEGn. DE) and Xerox (XRX. N).
- Japan and the United States are innovation hot spots and chemical, semiconductor and electronic components and autos are the top innovative industries, according to the report.
- It is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company which is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- It is the largest Internet - based trader in the United States.
- In 2015, Amazon exceeded Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization.
- Amazon product lines comprise of several media (books, DVDs, music CDs, videotapes, and software), apparel, baby products, consumer electronics, beauty products, gourmet food, groceries, health and personal - care items, industrial & scientific supplies, kitchen items, jewelry and watches, lawn and garden items, musical instruments, sporting goods, tools, automotive items and toys & games.
- Published on: November 18, 2015