Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with TISS to increase employability of students [ Current Affairs ]
About TISS: TISS stands for Tata Institute of Social Sciences. TISS was established as the Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work in 1936. It was the first school of social work in India. Its main campus is based in Mumbai, India.
- It has also out of campus in Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur.
- TISS Mumbai campus offers Master’s degree program in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR).
- It was recognized as a Deemed University by the University Grants Commission of India in 1964.
About the agreement:
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with TISS.
- Its aim is to increase employability of students in the state.
- The MoU was signed on Teacher’s Day (5th September) in presence of Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu in Visakhapatnam.
Benefits to students:
- It will certify quantifiable increase in employability of students who are studying in universities and degree colleges across the state.
- It also searches to form partnership with industries and higher institutes for implementing the lead programme.
- It also finds to tie up as strategic partnerships with civil society Organisations, public sector bodies, private sector institutions and social entrepreneurship Organisations.
- Published on: September 8, 2015