At 59th National Shooting Championship Vijay Kumar wins gold medal [ Current Affairs ]
At the 59th National Shooting Championship Olympic medalist Vijay Kumar of Indian Army has won gold medal held in New Delhi. By shooting a combined score of 588 over the rapid and precision rounds he has won the gold medal in the men’s 25-metre center fire pistol category.
Gurpreet Singh of Indian Army has won silver medal at second place with a 586 score and Pemba Tamang has secure the third place with 582 score winning bronze medal.
Other winners in the Championship are:
- 25m standard pistol event: Gurpreet Singh (Indian Army).
- Rapid fire pistol: Pemba Tamang (Indian Army).
- Air pistol & Standard pistol events: Achal Pratap Singh Grewal.
About Vijay Kumar:
- He was born on 19 August 1985 at Harsour located at Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
- He is serving in India’s army as Major.
- Since 2003 he is serving at Indian Army Marksmanship Unit, Mhow.
- At the 2012 Olympics, London Vijay Kumar had won the silver medal in the 25m rapid fire pistol event.
- Padma Shri in 2013
- Arjuna Award in 2006
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2012.
- Published on: December 16, 2015