At Asian Luge Championship Shiva Keshavan has won silver medal [ Current Affairs ]
At the 2015 Asian Luge Championship held in Nagano, Japan veteran Indian luger Shiva Keshavan has won a silver medal. The first place was claimed by Japan’s Hidenari Kanayama and the third by South Korea’s Dong Hyeon Kim in this edition of championship, the first place was.
- The race was closely contested by athletes and was conducted in two heats.
- A mere 2/10th of a second behind is in the first heat Shiva Keshavan, but in the second heat minor technical snags cost him the gold medal.
- Luge is one of the three Olympic sliding sports.
- Since 1964, it is the fastest and most dangerous sports on ice and is part of Winter Olympic program.
About Shiva Keshavan:
- He was born on 25th August 1981.
- Shiva had won two gold, silver and two bronze medals for India has won by the previous editions of the event.
- Shiva Keshavan set a new Asian speed record at 134.3 km/h (83.5 mph) after beating the previous record of 131.9 km/h (82.0 mph) and won gold medal in Asia Cup 2011 at Nagano in Japan.
- He set a new Asian track record at 49.590 seconds in 2012.
- Published on: December 30, 2015