Atul Keshap appointed as US Ambassador to Maldives and Sri Lanka [ Current Affairs ]
About Atul Keshap: Atul Keshap is an Officer of career United States Foreign Service from Virginia. Keshap was born in Nigeria in June, 1971. Keshap had joined the US Foreign Service in 1994. From 2005 to 2008, he had served as the deputy political counsellor at the U. S. Embassy in New Delhi.
- In 2003, he was appointed as director for Middle Eastern and North African regional affairs on the National Security Council in the White House.
- From 2008 to 2010, he also had served as the Director for UN Human Rights in the Bureau of International Organization Affairs.
- He is currently serving as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for South Asia.
- Keshap works with Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal to organize U. S. Government policy toward India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Maldives, and Bhutan, including a varied and planned area of almost 1.5 billion people and over $2 trillion in economic output.
- Indian - American Atul Keshap has been appointed as the United States (US) Ambassador to Maldives and Sri Lanka.
- He became the second Indian - origin US Ambassador who posted as Ambassador to the county after Richard Rahul Verma who was first US Ambassador to India.
- Published on: August 11, 2015