Axis Bank opens rep office in Dhaka, Bangladesh [ Current Affairs ]
To Extending its overseas footprint, Axis Bank opened a representative office in Dhaka, capital city for the Bangladesh. Axis Bank has Capet leveraging the opportunity for both bank and Dhaka by growing & opening office.
- Axis Bank group executive P Mukherjee said that “The bank aims to leverage the growing economic integration between the two countries by actively facilitating trade transactions, both inbound as well as outbound. The bank will also contribute towards employment generation, both directly & indirectly in the country. “
- He also said that “Dhaka operations, primarily focused to promote the trade finance business, will further strengthen the banks presence in Asia”
- Axis Bank has already established their branches in Singapore, Hong Kong, DIFCDubai, Colombo & Shanghai, with representative offices at Dubai & Abu Dhabi & a wholly owned subsidiary in the UK.
- Total overseas assets for the Axis Bank stood at USD 7.51 billion, as on September 30, 2015.
- To move up the value chain and enhance its risk return through secondary market risk participations with banks in Bangladesh the representative office will empower the bank.
- Published on: November 23, 2015