BBIN Friendship Motor Car Rally flagged off from Silchar [ Current Affairs ]
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal (BBIN) Friendship Motor Car Rally was flagged off by Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma from Silchar, Assam. The implementation of BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) aims to highlighting connectivity in the sub - region and unified movements of vehicles across the borders in the 4 nations through.
- The Car Rally has been possible to organize by mutually consideration of the Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Kalinga Motor Sports Club (Odisha) in partnership with the counterpart clubs of the neighboring countries.
- This rally will be of 19 - days and finished at Kolkata (West Bengal) on December 2, 2015.
- It will cover most of the capitals of Indian states and neighboring countries with total distance of 4, 500 km.
- Three countries will be covers in this rally - India, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- Nepal is skipped because of political tension in some areas of the country.
- It will pass throw Jharkhand (Ranchi),
- Bihar (Patna), Sikkim (Gangtok), Bhutan (Timphu), Assam (Dispur), Meghalaya (Shillong), Tripura (Agartala) and Chittagong and Dhaka in Bangladesh.
- When BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement implemented would lead to economic integration of the region and help to improve bilateral relations between 4 neighboring countries.
- Published on: November 30, 2015