BHEL commissions Bijlee Utpadan’s 195-MW thermal unit in Bihar [ Current Affairs ]
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has commissioned a 195-MW thermal unit in Muzzafarpur district in Bihar. BHEL is State-owned electrical equipment maker PSU (public sector undertaking) company. KBUNL (Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam) is a joint venture (JV) of NTPC and Bihar State Power Generation Company (BSPGCL).7
- In Bijlee Utpadan palnt, BHEL was leading supplier of main plant equipment to NTPC and its JVs and has 72 % share in their installed capacity and it had contributed in engineering, manufacture, design, supply, erection and commissioning of steam turbines.
- The commissioned thermal unit is the first of the two 195-MW units to be commissioned by BHEL at the thermal power plant of Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam (KBUNL).
- The second 195-MW unit of KBUNL is expected to be commissioned in the fiscal year 2015-16.
- BHEL also had important role in installing generators and boilers, along with associated auxiliaries and electricals, controls & instrumentation (C&I) and electrostatic precipitators (ESPs).
- Published on: May 7, 2015