BJP MP S.S. Ahluwalia to head joint panel on Land Acquisition Amendment bill [ Current Affairs ]
Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia is the MP of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) who has been appointed chairman of a Joint Committee of Parliament that will look into the provisions of the Land Acquisition Amendment Bill, 2015. This committee consists of 30-members- 20 members from Lok Sabha and 10 from the Rajya Sabha and the Committee will submit its report on the first day of the monsoon session.
- The NDA government also had promulgated ordinances in this regard twice on the bill since December 2014. The bill has already been passed by the Lok Sabha.
- The agreement was signed during the recently concluded Parliament session and it had faced continuous resistance of opposition parties in the Parliament.
- Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia was born on 4 July 1951 in Asansol, Burdwan district, West Bengal. Ahluwalia was elected into the Parliament as an MP from Bihar in 1986.
- At present, Surendrajeet Singh Ahluwalia is a Member of the National Executive Committee of the BJP.
- Published on: May 20, 2015