BNP Paribas buy brokerage firm Sharekhan [ Current Affairs ]
About BNP Paribas: BNP stands for Banque Nationale de Paris Paribas which is a French bank and financial services company. Its global headquarters are in Paris. BNP Paribas is one of the largest banks in the world.
In 2012 information, BNP Paribas was ranked as the third-largest bank in the world; it was measured by total assets, by Bloomberg and Forbes .
- Sharekhan is an online website portal.
- It is work for online trading, investments and stock marketing.
- Sharekhan gets 2nd rank for stock broker portal.
- In India, its branches are in 575 cities.
- This company was founded by businessperson Shripal Morakhia in February 2000.
- Shripal Morakhia is an Indian businessman as well as film director and film producer.
- Presently, Morakhia is chairman of Smaaash which is a sports entertainment venture with his partner and former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar.
About buying of Sharekhan by BNP:
- Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP) Paribas buy marketing brokerage firm Sharekhan for 2,000 crore rupees.
- This procurement will help BNP Paribas to expand their business in India.
- Published on: August 4, 2015