Bangladesh wins maiden SAFF U-16 title of Football by defeating Indian football team [ Current Affairs ]
About Bangladesh football team: The Bangladesh national football team is organized by the Bangladesh Football Federation. It is a member of the Asian Football Confederation. It was became a member of FIFA in 1974.
- It has won the SAFF Championship once and gold medals in South Asian Games twice at South Asian level.
About Indian football team:
- The India national football team is directed by the All India Football Federation which is the international governing body for football.
- The AIFF has been affiliated with FIFA since 1948.
- The Indian football team was automatically advanced to play FIFA World Cup in the1950.
- Indian football team won gold medals at two Asian Games and one silver medal at the Asian Cup.
About winning of Bangladesh team:
- Bangladesh has won earliest Under - 16 South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship title 2015.
- It was played at the Sylhet District Stadium and they defeated defending champions of India by 4 - 2 in penalties shoot out.
- In the regular play, both teams had scored equal one goal against each other.
- In Under - 16 SAFF tournament, the participants were Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and the Maldives.
- Published on: August 20, 2015