British PM David Cameron who swept back in power [ Current Affairs ]
Conservative Party led by British Prime Minister David Cameron who swept back in power to govern the United Kingdom for another five years with a convincing majority. Conservative Party by winning 331 seats out of total 650 seats in House of Commons has emerged single largest party in this general election which was 36.9% vote share of the total national vote.
- Labour Party is the second largest party of Briish and it has won 232 seats with 30.4% vote share, emerging as largest opposition party. Scottish National Party (SNP) has emerged third largest party in this election by winning 56 seats with 9% of vote share.
- United Kingdom general election 2015 was held on 7 May 2015 to elect the 56th Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- In general elections, voting takes place in all parliamentary constituencies across the country to elect Members of Parliament (MPs) of House of Commons i.e. the lower house of Parliament.
- Scottish National Party put up a spectangular performance which winning 56 of the 59 Scottish parliamentary seats and putting an end to the domination of the labour party.
- Published on: May 14, 2015