By Introducing Rotavirus vaccination project Himachal Pradesh become first state [ Current Affairs ]
As per the Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) by introducing Rotavirus vaccination project Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to start. Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has launched this project from Dharamsala in district Kangra by managing the Rotavirus vaccine drops to the children whose age less than 5 years.
- Rotavirus vaccination project is equivalence to the polio vaccine.
- Rotavirus drops would be administered to the children at 6, 10 and 14 weeks after birth according to this project.
- By implementation of vaccination project we will nearer to control the deaths of small children because of Diarrhea.
- In the family of Reoviridae the Rotavirus is a category of double-stranded RNA virus.
- It most common causal mediator in the children aged below 11 months of moderate-to-severe diarrhea (MSD) in India.
- Spread: The virus spreads primarily through polluted food or water from person to person because of bacterial and paraskiing agents.
- Effect on Health: This virus harms the cells that line the small intestine and after it causes gastroenteritis.
- Published on: December 8, 2015