Cabinet approved agreement between India and Jordan on maritime transport [ Current Affairs ]
The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing of a shipping agreement between India and Jordan and it chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi after recognizing the significant mutual benefit. Main benefits of India-Jordan shipping pact which aims at strengthening cooperation and providing sustained mutual assistance on merchant shipping and other related maritime matters.
According to the agreement of both countries are-
- Encourage and facilitate development of their maritime relationship.
- Cooperate in the task of enhancing and stimulating steady growth of maritime traffic.
- Exchange and training of staff and students from various maritime establishments
- Exchange of information necessary for accelerating and facilitating flow of commercial goods at sea and at ports
It will be approved the proposal to introduce the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 in Parliament by Prime Minister.
The amendments are focused on clarifying jurisdiction related issues for filing cases of offence committed under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. Section 138 deals with the offence pertaining to dishonour of cheque for insufficient funds in the drawer’s account.
Approved introduction of the Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts and Commercial Courts Bill, 2015 in the current session of Parliament.
- Published on: April 24, 2015