China and Pakistan launch economic corridor plan worth $46bn [ Current Affairs ]
Pakistan president Mamnoon Hussain and PM Nawaz shariff signed a number of important agreement and MoU worth $46 billion at the presence of Chinese president Xi Jinping. Chinese president Xi Jinping is on two day state visit to Pakistan. Both countries agreed the centerpiece of which is a Pakistan-China Economic Corridor between pakistan’s southern Gwadar Port on the Arabian Sea and China’s Wester’n Xinjiang Region.
- China and Pakistan set to cooperate in gas, coal, and solar energy projects to provide 16,400 Megawatts of electricity.
- During visit the Chinese president Xi Jinping in Pakistan, both countries signed 51 Agreements in a number of areas including infrastructure development to energy.
- The Chinese president Xi Jinping was also awarded the country’s highest civilian honour the “Nishan-e-Pakiatan”.
- The focus of spending is on building a China-Pakistan Economic Corridor-a net- work of road, railway, Pipelines and infrastructure projects which together make the corridor will give china direct access to the Indian Ocean and beyond.
- Published on: April 22, 2015