China launches freight train service connecting Europe by linking Harbin and Hamburg [ Current Affairs ]
China has launched 9,820-km-long distance rail route between its northeastern city of Harbin and Europe. Freight train service will open new trade options for Chinese goods in the European Market. Freight train service was launched by HAO Logistics Co. Ltd which is a joint venture company that runs the freight service.
- The freight train will run once a week. Each single trip will take 15 days and it will transport goods from China, South Korea and Japan as well as goods from European countries such as Poland, Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
- Cost of auto parts is worth US 3 million dollars and this train started its journey from Harbin capital of Heilongjiang province.
- This train will pass through countries like Russia and Poland to reach its final destination in Hamburg, Germany.
- Several other Chinese cities like Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Yiwu, Hefei and Suzhou have launched similar freight train services to Europe.
- Published on: June 23, 2015