Colin Welland , an Oscar winner writer passes away [ Current Affairs ]
Actor and Oscar - winning British writer Colin Welland passed away at the age of 81. He was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease for numerous years. He had earned an Academy Award (Oscar) for best original screenplay in 1982.
About Colin Welland:
- He was born on 4 July 1934 in Lancashire, United Kingdom.
- Earlier to his acting career, he had worked as a teacher and taught art at Leigh.
- As an actor, he had appeared in the BBC Television series Z - Cars, Kes (1969), as a schoolteacher.
- His screenwriting credits include the film Yanks (1979) which has been was directed by John Schlesinger
- he has won a BAFTA award in 1969 for playing the sympathetic English teacher.
About Oscar Award:
- The Academy Awards or the Oscars is a yearly American awards ceremony honoring cinematic accomplishments in the film industry.
- The awards were first offered in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel which was supervised by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Since the 87th awards ceremony, a aggregate of 2, 947 Oscars have been awarded since the inauguration of these awards.
- Published on: November 4, 2015