Creator of Debian Linux Ian Murdock passed away [ Current Affairs ]
The founder one of the world’s best known Linux distributions Ian Murdock has passed away on 28 December 2015 in San Francisco at the age of 42 years. The reason behind his death is still misty. But his last message on tweeter is somehow declared an intention to commit suicide.
About Ian Murdock
- He was born on 28 April 1973 in Konstanz, West Germany.
- He was an American software engineer known for being the founder of the Debian project and Progeny Linux Systems, a commercial Linux company.
- While he was student at Purdue University he has wrote the Debian Manifesto
- He has completed his bachelor’s degree in computer science in 1996.
- He was appointed Chief Technology Officer of the Free Standards Group and elected chair of the Linux Standard Base workgroup, in January 2006.
- To join Sun Microsystems he had left the Linux Foundation in March 2007 to lead Project Indiana.
- Since November 2015 until his death, he worked for Docker, Inc.
- Published on: January 1, 2016