Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar voted best Test player of 21st century [ Current Affairs ]
Sachin Tendulkar who is India’s legendary batsman and Bharat Ratna recipient has been voted the ‘Best Test player’ of the 21st century in an online poll. Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara received the second highest votes. The online poll was conducted by Cricket Australia’s website for the list of the 100 best Test players since 2000.
- Australian cricketer Adam Gilchrist was followed by third position. In this list Sachin is lone Indian cricketer to be figured in the top-10 list, while there are four Australian, three South African and two Sri Lankan cricketers.
- Sachin Tendulkar in his 24 years cricket career had played for India in 200 Tests, 463 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and one Twenty20 International.
- Sachin Tendulkar had scored 15,921 runs at an average of 53.78. It comprised of 51 centuries and 68 half centuries in 200 Test matches. His highest test score was 248 runs (not out).
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only batsman to have hit 100 international centuries and holds the record for highest run scorer in both Tests and ODIs.
- Sachin Tendulkar had scored 18,426 runs at an average of 44.83 in 463 ODI matches. It comprised of 49 centuries and 96 half centuries. Highest ODI score was 200 runs (not out). He had retired from international cricket in 2013 after playing his 200th Test.
- Published on: June 30, 2015