DD Kisan, India’s first television channel dedicated to farmers launched by PM Narendra Modi [ Current Affairs ]
PM Narendra Modi was launched India’s first television channel DD Kisan dedicated to farmers in New Delhi. It is a 24X7 hours channel. DD Kisan channel is dedicated to agriculture and allied sectors and owned by public service broadcaster Doordarshan (DD).
- DD Kisan will provide real-time inputs to farmers on new farming techniques, water conservation and organic farming.
- Earlier, Prasar Bharati was broadcasting ‘Krishi Darshan’ programme on DD1 for farmers. It was one of the longest running programmes on DD and was launched on January 26, 1967.
- DD Kisan will also share best farm practices in different parts of the country, quiz shows for farmers, a bottoms-up approach involving agriculturists which was declared in 2014 budget.
- The channel show will also invite programme suggestions from general public and real-time interaction with experts and farm scientists.
- BJP announced in 2014 Lok Sabha election that if they come to power they will set up dedicated 24X7 channels for Indian Farmers.
- Published on: June 1, 2015