Deepika Kumari won silver medal in 2015 Archery World Cup Final [ Current Affairs ]
India’s excellent women archer Deepika Kumari has earned the Silver medal in recurve event at the 2015 Archery World Cup Final held in Mexico City. In the final match, South Korea’s Choi Misun overcome Deepika Kumari.
- She won the gold medal by 6 - 2 score.
- She had won it after being runner - up at Istanbul (2011), Tokyo (2012) and Paris (2013) Archery World Cup Final.
About Deepika Kumari:
- Deepika Kumari was born on 13 June 1994.
- She is an Indian athlete who participates in the event of Archery and is currently ranked World No. 5
- As a child, she expert archery while aiming for mangoes with stones.
- Deepika made her first development in 2005 when she entered Arjun Archery Academy.
- She was given the Arjuna Award, India’s second highest sporting award in the year 2012.
- In February 2014, she was privileged with FICCI Sportsperson of the Year Award.
- She won the 11th Youth World Archery Championship held in Ogden, USA in 2009.
- In May 2012, Deepika Kumari won her first World Cup individual stage recurve gold medal at Antalya, Turkey.
- Published on: October 29, 2015